Saturday, 27 July 2013

De-cluttering

They say “if you haven’t used it for about two years then you don’t need it.” I always wonder who “they” are that come up these obscure quotes. I mean there are the famous quotes by those famous people, but others make go hmmm.

So I’m trying to de-clutter my condo in preparation for putting it up for sale. I’ve started with my closets. I brought two bags to the Goodwill and gathered up my winter clothes to take over to my mother’s place. I packed all of the ex-boyfriend’s winter stuff in a couple boxes and they are ready to go. Any day now would be nice; take it and go. Maybe if I write it often enough it will come true. And if that works then the next thing I’ll write about will be winning the lottery.

It’s amazing all the stuff (and it is just stuff) that we gather over the years; whether we need it or not. Sometimes we buy it because it was such a great sale. Other times it was because of some reason or the other. I’ve gotten better over the years, even if it’s an amazing great deal or practically free; I simply don’t need it.

I simply don’t need a lot of things in my life right now. I should just take the cat, my clothes and go. However, I do own the property. So the de-clutter will continue.

Psst…any day now would be great.


Cheers,
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment