In life we are sometimes given second or even a third chance for something. Whether it is relationships, health, love, happiness, work etc. To me the Universe hears our thoughts and prayers and tells us “Okay, I’ll give you one more chance, try not to screw it up.”
I’m ending my relationship with my boyfriend of 5 years. I can honestly say it has been the most interesting and difficult relationship I have ever had; we’ve lived together for the past 4 years. The stress levels that I’m going through right now I have no words to express them. Well I do but that is a lot of bleeping involved. But since it seems to be the norm for me lately, it’s kind of normal. I don’t remember what it’s like to not have “stress” in my life. I need to be me again which I haven’t been for a while. Relationships should be give and receive, not just take, take, take. Along with empty promises.
When I was younger (my God, old people say that) I would always wonder when I saw all these beautiful, smart, funny, loving, caring women with no man/partner in their lives. I now know why. We just can’t be bothered with some men. I have no interest in taking care of a grown-ass man who won’t take care of himself first. And doesn’t think. If you are depending on me to be a man, then you are not the man for me, period. Some might read this as “oh she’s bitter” or something. Last year I would say I was kind of bitter, but I’m way past that now. I don’t even argue with him anymore. And you know when a women stops arguing to be afraid, very afraid. My energy is much too valuable to be wasting it like that. I know what I want. I know who I am. I know what I will and won’t put up with. Period.
I’ve been talking with a guy I used to date years ago; we kept in touch over the years. We both agree that we have this connection and the communication has always been excellent. I know all of his business and he knows all of mine. He lives Quebec, which I think played a factor in why it didn’t work. But we’re both older and wiser now, so we’ll see if anything comes of it this time around. Maybe it will, maybe it won’t, but we’ll always have our friendship first as the foundation. That’s important. So I thank the Universe for this small second chance and for my class test too.
Cheers
Dee
No comments:
Post a Comment